Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The Light House! Our volunteers are the heart of our mission as we strive to end the cycle of homelessness and build a bridge to self-sufficiency. Our work is made possible entirely through the generous support of individuals and organizations from the community who give of their time and talent.
STEPS FOR BECOMING A VOLUNTEER
1) Complete Our Volunteer Application
2) Attend An Orientation
3) Complete A Background Check
4) Sign Up For A Shift Through Our Volunteer Information Center (VIC)
Volunteer orientations are held three times per month on the:
• 1st Saturday: 9-10am • 2nd Friday: 9-10am • 3rd Wednesday: 7-8pm
Sign up for an orientation date when filling out your volunteer application.
Before starting your application, please keep in mind the following:
- You must complete all steps and be approved before signing up for a volunteer shift.
- We are not accepting court referred volunteers at this time.
- If you are volunteering with a group, only the group leader is required to attend an orientation but we encourage others to attend.
- For the safety of our shelter staff, clients, and our volunteers, in-house volunteer positions require a background check.
- You must be 18 years or older to volunteer as an individual. Volunteers ages 11-17 must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in our facility.
- Making bagged lunches or holding a food donation drive do not require attending an orientation or filling out a volunteer application, and also provide community service hours for students. In order to participate in the bagged lunch program, volunteers must read the instruction sheet and sign-up through the sign-up link listed on our volunteer opportunities page . Service hours will not be verified without signing up.
Want to learn about our Light House volunteer opportunities?