See our Clothing Needs page for clothing donation guidelines and drop off information. For guidelines on all items other than clothing see our lists below.
MUST Call Ahead to Donate
(based on client need/inventory/storage limitations)
• Perishable/leftover food • New/like new sheet sets (twin and full) • New/like new books/games • Bikes (take to Bike Doctor on corner of Hudson Street/West St) • Furniture • Local Retailers (retail goods)
Items We Cannot Accept
(based on health codes/needs/storage limitations)
• Expired/Opened Food • Bread • Used stuffed animals/toys • Medicine/Medical accessories (crutches, etc.) • Home décor/seasonal items • Large appliances • Used pillows/mattresses • Baby items (car seats, strollers, etc.)
• Used electronics (TVs, VHS/DVD players, computers, printers, modems, etc.)
For a list of Anne Arundel County Partner Organizations that accept donations, click here.
For Questions About Donations, Please Contact:
Thanks to the generosity of donors, community groups, farmers markets, grocery stores and volunteers, last year The Light House distributed:
- 30,114 bagged lunches
- 99,036 pounds of bagged groceries
- 38,735 hot meals
- Clothing to 282 Community Closet Clients
- Provided emergency shelter, food and other valuable services to more than 2,000 neighbors in need
- Provided emergency and transitional housing for 150 individuals and 18 families, including 24 children.
Your donations are greatly appreciated and go directly to those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.